A Bitter Pill

To have a stress-free life, we should live simply. Am I right? Moreover to survive rainy days, we should prepare beforehand. A very good example are the ants. I think we all know the story because we were all kids once. Even at an early age, I knew I was not a trust fund kid so I was fully aware that I should let go of some 'wants' and focus on the 'needs' more. In other words, it was inculcated in me that I should not spend more than what I can afford.

Money is not evil. It is the love of money. We all need to have it to pay all our bills, groceries, etc. However, the thought of having none doesn't scare me much because I already experienced it though not to the point of being homeless. It made me let go of things that didn't matter and to hold on to things that did.

Being ripped off though is another story. The real world is scary and one needs to be wise, patient and tough to survive. I do not want to divulge much but just a friendly reminder, before importing valuable things make sure you are aware of such terms like CIF (cost, insurance and freight) value, VAT (value added tax) and custom duties. I am willing to let go (it's not a fortune but still...), but I still hope they would realize their mistake though it is an illusion that life on this planet is always fair.


"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs."1 Timothy 6:10 NIV