That Thing Called Time

Time is precious. Time is gold. Of course we know how valuable time is. I still need to remind myself though. 

I often heard this from my father before, "dramatic entrance." He used to say that to me because I often refused to go to an event an hour earlier. I didn't like to be the first in a place, but he was right. We should be conscious about time especially when we have a meeting or appointment. It's not good to be late and annoy others. 

Speaking of time, I'm a good procrastinator to be honest. I occupy a higher position in this field. Times are changing though because I keep on reprimanding myself more often these days. There is an improvement because I spend lesser time on social media and watching reruns of Law and Order on TV. There are even days when I don't open Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Youtube. It takes weeks before I remember there is a TV inside the room as well. 

Good thing I don't communicate with my folks using social media. We do it the good ol' way - texting each other or calling. Skype is seldom used these days too. Actually I can survive without internet or TV as long as I have a book or I'm chatting with family, friends, colleagues...in person. It's still better to hear people laugh than see smileys, right? I wish. 

Social networking is fun. It connects people. It's great, but I need to let go of some fun at the moment if I want to have more fun later. However, blogging is another thing. It's like the 'KitKat' in the popular slogan, "Have a break, have a KitKat."