I grew up in a household of believers. Though I was a shy child and didn't say much most of the time, I did have an inquiring mind. When I got older, I heard people judged others who didn't share their opinions and beliefs. I started to question the hypocrisy of it all.
The God I know and believe in is a loving and yes, a just God. He is faithful. Unlike humans, God doesn't care how you look or who you are. He looks at the heart. The 10 commandments are summed up into two: 1) loving God above all else and 2) loving others. Jesus Christ even called the self-righteous Pharisees hypocrites. Sadly, Pharisees still do exist in this day and age.
Sin is a sin but as saved by grace ourselves, we have no right to judge others or sneer at them as if we are holier.
"Do to others as you would have them do to you." Luke 6:31 NIV
Everyone is a masterpiece. Everyone. We should not think that we are better than others. Our fleeting existence has a purpose but we should not forget that we all came to this world with nothing and we are going to leave with nothing too.
Love, love is a verb. It requires action. Mere words are not enough.
Love, love is a verb. It requires action. Mere words are not enough.
I need to remind myself too. ~j.