I, My Brother, and Football

It is my brother's birthday today and I just want to write about the sport that he used to play and we both love. We also love other sports but we grew up watching football (or soccer) live so it really has a special place in our hearts.

Just like my brother, most of my guy friends in high school were in our football team. I saw them got injured. Being in the field for 90 minutes was tough and much more under the scorching heat of the sun. I had total respect for them. Games were so intense that though I was silent most of the time, I couldn't help being fidgety when I watched them. I wanted to help but couldn't. haha! 

I really love this sport even before my country's National Team known as the Azkals made headlines after they beat Vietnam in the Suzuki Cup. I used to play volleyball and I also love watching it but there's something about a football match that keeps me glued. It's really fun.

I really believe that if the Philippines wants to be a force to reckon with in the football world, development and regulation of the sport should be done at all levels from grassroots to international.