This is my way to say thank you.

I do believe that that the things we learn during the early years of our lives are important. I'm thankful to all my teachers from pre-school to grade six. I'm thankful to all my teachers, but I want to focus now during those early years. I have to say that my classmates and I were blessed to have them. There might be a few not so good things during those times but as whole it was a good experience.

I don't have the sharpest memory but I do remember important things:

1. Our teacher in nursery school told us that sharing was a good thing to do. One classmate (I don't know if she can still remember) brought to school biscuits. They were round, big and orange. After our teacher told us about sharing, she gave us one each. 

2. Our grade one homeroom teacher taught us that it wasn't good to hurt others and we should learn to say "I'm sorry." 

3. We heard many wonderful stories in grade 2 from our homeroom teacher. She was a great storyteller. I couldn't remember everything but she told us about the "house" of the ants and how hardworking they were and then there was the story about Genevieve and Count Siegfried. The story that made me cry though was about the ungrateful son. He mistreated his father. He put his food inside a coconut shell. It was really awful. His young son saw all these. Many years passed, the ungrateful son also became an old man. His son also did the same thing to him. He wasn't allowed inside the house and his food was also put inside a coconut shell. This time the coconut shell was clean unlike during the time of his father. What was the lesson of the story? Be kind because you reap what you sow. 

4. It would take us all night and day if I would write everything but certainly all our teachers taught us that cheating was bad. They also encouraged us to study hard and help each other. There was one time in grade 5 that we had this "competition" with grade 6 in Math. I couldn't remember why exactly, but there was a need to beat them. The whole class participated in a "multiplication contest." We all needed to get a perfect score to win. It was the same thing with the grade 6 class. We won. We all got a perfect score. What was our strategy? We were united. We had this goal to beat grade 6 so we had study sessions with those who were weaker in multiplying numbers. I'm not sure if my classmates can still remember, but that moment really made me grateful to be part of that class. I wished we all went to the same school in high school.