The world celebrates International Women's Day this month and I want to pay homage to the women in my life to whom I am forever grateful.
I am grateful for my mama. She reminds me to pray and to keep my feet firmly planted on the ground. She teaches me the value of respect, honor, and gratitude. She is a born survivor. Whenever I am down, hearing her voice assures me that everything will be okay again.
Her mother, our nanay, is someone we all look up to. I can't imagine my childhood without her. She is the most caring, hardworking, and forgiving person I know. She used to be my storyteller when I was a little girl and she never missed any of my promotional program in primary school. The bond I have with her is something that I really treasure.
All her daughters, my aunts, have different personalities but they all share a common thing - they are my cheerleaders. I terribly miss one of them, but I know someday we will meet again.
I am also grateful for all the other lolas and aunts as well as for my female cousins and friends. My life isn't the same without them.
To all the awesome women I look up to, thank you for being who you are.