Once there was a man...

My brother, my cousin Rj, and I grew up having Uncle around. I knew him even before he married my aunt because the stubborn little me insisted to join one of their dates. He treated us as his own niece and nephews. There was a time after they got married that my brother and I stayed with them the whole summer. This was before their precious daughter was born.

I have many things to write about how great he was but tears keep on falling right now. There is no one perfect in this world but Uncle was one of those people who made me believe that good men still exist. My cousin Rj described him as an amazing man who loved his family and would do anything to help others just to make things right. He was calm. He loved the Lord and his family. All of us can say that he was a great family man, someone who was forgiving, loving and caring.

Uncle, I know you are in good hands right now up there. You died in the place you loved, the sea. I believe that even before your body reached the waters, the Lord's loving hands carried you.

Uncle, you will be missed terribly. I will always remember you. I will never get tired of saying that once there was a man who walked on Earth like you.We love you and see you on the other side someday.