I Still Dream

My dream the other night seemed so real. Someone was speaking in front of unfamiliar people. Suddenly I raised my hand and told everyone abut God's love and how I realized that when I was ten. What a dream and I was smiling when I woke up. When I was ten, Hebrews 13:8 became so real to me.

There were times I became my ugly old self again but God was really patient with me and he sent people to teach and mold me. God helped me in my relationship with him. I was a silent rebel. My screams could only be heard through the secret pages of my journal, but nothing was hidden in his sight. He sent people and situations to show me that his love for me never changed despite my doubts and my being lukewarm sometimes.

Who would have thought that someone who tried to avoid Bible studies would later handle one herself? It wasn't really me. The ugly old me didn't care at all. The ugly old me didn't have time to listen to a teenager who had a falling out with her dad and refused to go home. Clearly it wasn't me. The ugly old me would never let others read this.

I'm still learning. I'm still a work in progress.