Grown-up Christmas List

I really love to sing even if I'm not endowed with a great voice like Mariah, Celine, Twila, Sandi Patty, Jaci, Lea or Whitney. I cannot imagine my life without music. When we were little, my brother and I had this "singing session" with our uncle and aunts during summers in our grandma's place.

I started singing in front of people at eleven when I joined the church choir. I was really a shy kid so it was a struggle for me when it was my time to sing solo one Good Friday two years later. I was trembling with fear and my voice could hardly be heard. I was only accompanied by a piano. However, it was the encouragement of our choir directress and the person I considered my mentor that made me not give up on singing.

I never pursued a career in music but the things I learned from her helped me a lot growing up. She didn't like mediocrity and that was something that pushed me to be better. I didn't know if I was able to meet her expectations but before she died she actually asked me to study piano again with her. I can still remember how she looked at me that Sunday morning, but I was hesitant. I never played for years and sang as well. We never had a chance to have a lesson but after her death, I did play in the church. It wasn't easy at first, but I realized I wasn't playing and singing for people but for the Lord.

I miss her. We used to have cantatas during Christmas and I can still remember when she used to say, "We need polishing, polishing!" 
GrownUp_Christmas_List.m4v Watch on Posterous You can't access it? Reason.

Happy holidays! May you all have a joyous Christmas and a blessed 2013! ◕‿◕