Don't forget to leave a note.

"Where are you going?" Sometimes, it's tempting not to tell others (even friends and family) where you're going. However, what if something happens? A simple text or call wouldn't hurt. Don't be an Aron Ralston.

I'm used to traveling alone since I was eighteen. I had this trip when the ferry almost sank because there was a typhoon. I missed flights, slept at airports, got stranded in an unfamiliar place, climbed a hill (yes, because the road collapsed due to a landslide), talked with strangers, found my way to a new place using a map and the list goes on. I didn't plan them, they just happened. Okay, sometimes I did choose to travel alone. :P 

I'm writing this because sadly, I just missed a flight earlier. I chose to miss it. I was torn between staying and going. I chose to stay.

On a brighter note, next summer I'm going to a place that I've always wanted to visit. Can't wait for the summer sun and the scent of the sea. I spent most of my childhood near the ocean. My grandma used to call me a 'kataw' (mermaid) when I was a kid. She always had a hard time telling me to stop swimming. My vivid memories of summers I spent at her place were that of seashells (I used to have a 'community' of shells and played with them instead of dolls), brittle stars and sea snakes (I used to hate these two, well I still don't like snakes even after my wildlife stint). I think what you remember most are what you love and what you don't love. Those in between, you kinda forget about them. Am I making any sense? I hope. This is my first posterous post for 2012. :P