Year 2010 had its fair share of drama and adventure. However, its bad memories should be left behind in spite of the fact that those things made me stronger and wiser. Several situations brought out the best and worst in people last year. There were things that hurt and irked me but more made me smile. The Big Guy up there gave a strong assurance of his love, faithfulness and protection. These made me overcome the storms with smile and focus.
Nonetheless, 2010 was a remarkable year. It taught me to be more patient. The past year also reconnected me with one of my passions. Music worked wonders to someone who was crying and screaming inside. In moments when the loudest noise for me was silence, my heart was humming a tune.
I wanna start the year memorizing Bible verses again. Honestly, I was more diligent in memorizing verses when I was a kid back in Sunday school than when I was a teenager and even as an adult. At that time, I was too young to understand everything but there was something in those words that captured my young heart. Hebrews 13:8 was something special to me because that made a ten-year-old girl first encountered her Lord and Savior. Many things happened along the way but everything went well because He who promised is faithful. So no matter how busy I am today and in the coming days, I want to be more like that kid a long time ago.
Genesis 1:1-2 (NIV)
“1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.”