Reading this again reminded me of how I was able to overcome a depressing state when someone very dear to me died. I wrote this after I woke up from a dream back in 2003...
I hope this can encourage you to let go, move on from the past and go on with life."I was falling from a cliff and the next thing I knew was someone stood at the other end, so bright that I couldn't see the face but deep inside I knew who he was..."
In the valley of brokenness I saw you
Drops of blood covered the path I stood
I saw a light in the darkest of night as I looked up and saw your eyes
Your face like the sun
You were bright as the light, a lamp in the night
Lift me up
Lift me up from where you are
Fill me now
Fill me now to overflowing with cups running over
At your feet all my burdens lay
Finding rest in your warm embrace
I saw a light in the darkest of night as I looked up and saw your eyes
Your face like the sun
You were bright as the light, a lamp in the night
Lift me up
Lift me up from where you are
Fill me now
Fill me now to overflowing with cups running over
-j.
Thank you Jesus for being with me.
"I will never leave you nor forsake you."
Hebrews 13:5