Saturday night. Home. No major appointments except dinner at a friend's house nearby but I still have time to blog.
I found a video of Natalie Grant talking about her own composition, "The Real Me." I really like this song 'cause I can somehow relate to it.
I wanna write what she said in the video:
I found a video of Natalie Grant talking about her own composition, "The Real Me." I really like this song 'cause I can somehow relate to it.
I wanna write what she said in the video:
"Why is it that sometimes we feel like we have to put this mask on and show everybody that we are like so perfect and have our lives together and we're just awesome and everything is going great and we're really positive? And I don't know if any of you are all like that but I know that I have suffered from the perfectionism complex, like my entire life and it seems like even sometimes as Christians we get caught in that, like we show up in church and we walk in, and instead of being who we really are and you know coming to church where we find peace and solace, we walk in and we're like, look at me, like I'm so together and really successful and my life is perfect. So I don't know if any of you is relating to this but I finally figured out that it's much easier to take the mask off and be yourself because when God created us, he said that we're enough and he looks at me, he says, Natalie, you're enough, just as you are...wonderful, beautiful is my creation."
Be yourself. Be real.